Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, July 16, 2007

How early should I book my photographer? by www.windauphotography.com

Top Questions from Brides....

How early should I book my photographer?

Of all the items on your to-do list, selecting a photographer should be right at the top. Ideally you should start your search as soon as you have set your wedding date. Many of my clients consider the photographer selection, along with the choice of the wedding location, the most important decisions during the process of planning their wedding. Besides of course the choice of who you should marry ;o).

Once you have decided on a photographer, you should hire them as soon as possible. More than once I have had to disappoint a potential client after they waited too long to get back to me after our meeting. I often get several inquiries for special days (such as 08/08/08), and while I do give priority to the couple I meet with first, they're not necessarily the couple who makes the fastest decision!

Having said that, the reality of the time frame between getting hired for a wedding and actually photographing it varies dramatically. I have been hired as early as two years (and as late as one day!) before the wedding. Usually most clients hire me 10-14 months before their wedding date.

Something else to keep in mind: The cost of operating a successful photography business is increasing every year. If your photographer is successful and his business is growing like mine, it is likely that pricing will increase during the time you are planning your wedding.

So one other good reason to hire your photographer early is to save money. If you have locked the fee by signing a contract early enough, you will not be affected by any increases to the price list.

All the best, Jörg Windau
Windau Photography
Email:jorg@windauphotography.com
Phone: 212-781-8178
Web: www.windauphotography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment