Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Some days I feel like tapping the microphone, 'hello, is anyone out there?'. Are you out there? Do you care what I have to say? Well, listen up, buddies, today I'm dishing out my travel advice. Because as much as I love [the design of] weddings, I, gasp, love travel even more. After several years of traveling back and forth between Hawaii, Oregon and New Zealand, I definitely have come up with a method to my traveling madness. Here's what I wouldn't travel without and why:


Lululemon Wonder Unders
Since my first taste of Lululemon about a year ago, I can't let go! For those of you that don't know, Lululemon is an athletic wear brand founded in Vancouver, BC. I've had a pair of black Wonder Unders for about a year now and they haven't faded one bit. They're so comfy and you can move in them! Because I'm THAT girl that contorts herself into a pretzel trying to find the perfect sleeping position for an overnight flight. If you're a pretzel too (even if you're not), you need a pair!


Clark's Privo Shoes
While gearing up for a trip to Australia and New Zealand a couple of years ago, I was on the hunt for a comfy but cute pair of shoes. I knew I'd be pounding a lot of pavement in Sydney and Melbourne and the occasional quick hike in Auckland so I wanted shoes that could do double duty. Well, I'm here to say that Clark's aren't just for your grandparents anymore! Two years later I still love them and have worn them traveling, while setting up weddings, etc, and still love them.


A Hat, Any Hat
That would be my favorite hat up there: Grey jersey, a find in Sydney too good to resist so I bought one in black too. I'm not a total germ-o-phobe but I admit I do get a little freaked about resting my head on some random plane seat a zillion other people have rested their heads against, ick. This is me in Sydney donning my Privo's and my favorite hat. A hat also comes in handy when creating your own bedroom on a plane... I'll explain more below...


A Hand Towel
So because I've done so many overnight flights I go to the airport fully prepared wearing my Wonder Unders, Privos, hoodie and a hat. Before I board the plane, I make a stop in the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face- don't forget your face wash! That's where the hand towel comes in. But wait, when I finally want to doze off on the plane, I shove one of the ends of the hand towel under my hat and voila, I just created my own bedroom! I know that may sound a little strange, but I can make all the faces I want under there and no one will notice! Plus I feel like I have a barrier against the inevitable 'Chronic Sneezer'.


Minimal Accessories
When traveling, I'll pack a couple of my favorite rings, bracelets and necklaces. I always bring my simplest pieces because they can go with anything and you don't have to worry about them getting all tangled in your jewelry bag. I've traveled many a time with Pua Jewelry's Bamboo Bangles- perfect for traveling to Hawaii!


Gold Slippers (or if you prefer, 'Flip Flops')
I'm a big fan of gold flip-flops and I kind of dig Lauren Conrad's breezy yet put-together LA look so this pic is a perfect example of Hawaii travel style. We wear a lot of slippers here, but the gold color means they can go with anything from jeans and a tank top to a casual dress. A gold slippers are hot on the beach too. Lauren Conrad, this is definitely a 'Do'.

If you're traveling to Hawaii or New Zealand, I've got a ton more tips for you right here...and if you've cooked up your own travel habits you'd like to share, please do!

pacific wedding guide
The guide to planning your destination wedding in the Pacific

No comments:

Post a Comment