Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, March 27, 2009

Mixed Metals Experiments

Last wednesday, I had no special plan for what to do in my silversmithing course, so I decided to experiment a bit with what was at hand. I got a bunch of rusty vintage keys a while back that I wanted to do something with, jewellery wise, and I decided to solder a ring and a clasp to a chain connected to one of the keys. It turned out, however, that the chain was not sterling silver, but plated, so I had to change my plans a bit, and the result was what you can see in the picture above. The key, fastened to a hammered copper rectangle, on an oxidised plated chain with a handmade sterling clasp. Because of the chain, I'm keeping this for me, but I'm definitely going to make more vintage key jewellery!

No comments:

Post a Comment