Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Vintage and Handmade Fair

The most beautiful weather yesterday made my drive across the southern Cotswold's to Chipping Sodbury just perfect. It was my first visit to Chipping Sodbury and I was not disappointed. The local online information said that it was rather like Chipping Norton. It is in some ways. Though Chipping Norton is on a hill and the houses tend to be grander than those, I saw in Chipping Sodbury. Many of the Chipping Sodbury houses appeared to be much older, there were all sorts of interesting roof lines. It was certainly a very busy market town.

The Vintage and Handmade Fair was wonderful. I got to meet Viv of Hens Teeth and to see some of her beautiful work.

There were many items that one would wish to purchase. I limited myself to two lots of vintage fabrics.
Here is just one piece from the blue bundle.

Also a lovely collection of old lace which after a soak in non chlorine bleach and a wash has come up a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment