Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My girl 마이걸 我的女孩 (Korean Drama)








Synopsis

Ju Yoo-rin (Lee Da Hae) is an imposter proficient in English, Chinese, and Japanese. Seol Gong Chan (Lee Dong Wook) is the second generation heir of a big corporation. Because of his grandfather’s illness, he’s forced to ask Yoo-rin to be his long-lost cousin so that his grandfather’s last wish can be fullfilled.

So therefore, they both are bound in a lie that no-one in the family knows the truth. Kim Sae-hyun (Park Si Yeon) grew up in a rich family and dreams to become a tennis star with the nickname “Sharapova of Korea”. Her charm and intelligence attract many men. She and Yoo-rin have cutthroat competitions. Seo Jeong-woo (Lee Joon Ki) will fall also for Yoo-rin and finally learn to love that special someone.

Cast

Lee Dong Wook (이동욱) as Seol Gong-chan
Lee Da Hae (이다해) as Joo Yoo-rin
Lee Joon Ki (이준기) as Seo Jung-woo
Park Si Yeon (박시연) as Kim Seo-hyun


Review:

I am not an enthusiast of Korean dramas, and have watched less than 5 in my life before I chanced upon this fantastic drama, My Girl. Subsequently, I have learnt to like and appreciate Korean dramas!

Unlike the usual Korean dramas which focus on tragic love stories, My Girl is a romance comedy, which is a lot more pleasant and enjoying to watch. Best of all, the main leads consist of dazzling Lee Da Hae and gorgeous Lee Dong Wook. They turn out to be a perfect couple with great chemistry!

The story is awfully hilarious; I liked watching the comical roles and superb performance of Lee Da Hae. I really think she's a beautiful actress who cans acts truly well! And, I am so attracted by Lee Dong Wook’s attractive face and cool attitude. He is adorable when he gets nervous about Lee Da Hae. (Somewhat reminds me of Robert Pattinson who acted as Edward Cullen in Twilight, except the latter doesn’t smile that much!)

Naturally, there are also heart-wrenching and infuriating scenes which sent me riding on emotional roller-coaster.

In short, the drama bears a resemblance to the classic story, Cinderella except in the modern context, which I secretly wish such beautiful story would happen to me. Bleahs! :P

This is definitely my absolute favourite Korean drama, and I hope there is a sequel!

Rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment