Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Collages

For some time now I have used BubbleJet2000© for printing images. In my last post I talked about some new methods. I wanted to share with you the results of my recent experiments.

This first collage has pictures printed onto cotton sheeting using BubbleJet2000© The background is made up of various papers with vintage lace and fabric that has been machined and hand stitched.

Then I decided to use inkAID on fine silk crepe. I have been thinking a lot about the vintage element and my need to use vibrant colours. So, this seemed the ideal opportunity. Using two different wedding photographs from my recent purchase. I set about experimenting. The first is of what I believe to be post WW1 and the second to be post WW2. For the first one I stayed with the sepia colours and vintage lace. Then for the second one I got out my vibrant silks and yarns. I found that once I had stitched on the silks I rather liked the hanging threads, they have remained and I am calling it "Threads of Time"

No comments:

Post a Comment